Sunday, September 19, 2010

How to Make Blogging Not a Chore...


I haven't figured it out yet. I still hate to do it. Probably because I hardly know how. How to make it cute and fun and worth my time.

Otherwise it feels like its awkward public diary like thing. That people may or may not find completely random and dull.
Its getting colder here but the leaves haven't started to change yet.
I love fall, it is my favorite season by far. It makes me think of cozy yet bright and sunny days. Soccer practice when I was little, the excitement of starting school. And of course, more importantly the fantasticness of a great football game.
Also pumpkin patches. Who doesn't love a good pumpkin patch.

It will be interesting to see how our Fall/ Harvest celebrations differ from the Britons. Well for one I know it is never referred to as "Fall" but "Autumn" of course. But my friend Lucy said "I like it when you say Fall Kari, because thats what the leaves do." So at least they get it right?

More than anything about Fall is just the way the air feels and smells I think. I am sure that has a lot to do with the trees and the changing of temperature. So I hope the feeling is the same here as it is at home. When I lived in Rome there really was no fall. Mostly I think because it is in a warmer climate and we were in the middle of a city so there were barely any trees. But going from Summer to Winter with no warm up act was a bit harsh I found.

Have to run down to the village to play some badminton. Cheerio

No comments:

Post a Comment